The San Diego Coalition to Preserve our Common Home held its first press conference on Thursday, September 24, 2015.
When: Thursday, September 24, 2015 @ 10 am
Where: St. Joseph Cathedral, 1535 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
What: The press conference included:
- Comments by San Diego clergy from different faiths in reaction to the Pope’s speech at Congress and on the Washington Mall early that morning and relating the Pope’s message to ensuring a just transition to clean energy and efficiency here in San Diego.
- Information about Answering Earth’s Call: An Interfaith Forum on Climate Justice which will take place that evening at St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Kent Peters, Catholic Diocese of San Diego
- Nana Firman, Muslim Coordinator, Our Voices, Fellow, GreenFaith, and Islamic Center of San Diego
- Rabbi Shai Cherry, Interfaith Center for Worker Justice
- Rev. Frank Placone-Willey, Summit Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Erin McLeod, RN, critical care nurse from the VA Medical Center in San Diego and a director with National Nurses United
- Eddie Junsay, SanDiego350
Press coverage, press alert and speaker bios and quotes – on the For Press page
Please contact us for further information or to arrange an interview with one of our speakers.